I don't know about you, but life has been bringing a lot of pressure lately.
I feel like what I could normally handle just fine is twice as hard and taking twice as long.
Maybe it's just that I'm getting old.
Whatever the reason, I am finding it more and more necessary to find that place of rest.
And I don't mean taking a nap.
I mean soul-rest.
The rest Jesus talks about in Matthew 11:28-29, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
This is a kind of rest that doesn't mean our circumstances necessarily change.
It's a kind of rest that let's us stay at rest even when everything around us is at unrest.
That peace that surpasses all understanding.
This time of year is always special, because for the past 13 years I have joined Courtney from Women Living Well for her Making Your Heart a Haven Challenge.
I'll never forget the first year I did this - it made a huge difference in the atmosphere of my home, and I've done it every year since.
This year the topic is "Resting In His Presence" as we look at 20 names of Jesus.
I want to invite you to join us!
What You Need to Know to Join the Resting In His Presence Study
October 30, 2023, begins the 14th annual Making Your Home a Haven Challenge "Resting In His Presence".
You can download the journal here.
When: We will start on October 30, 2023
Where: You can find our private Facebook Group, Whatsapp, Telegram, and as an email group at goodmorninggirlisntheword@rosilindjukic.com.
What Do I Need? Just grab the optional Resting In His Presence SOAK journal and devotional, your Bible and a pen.
What can I expect? Both Courtney and I will be blogging through Philippians - each on our own blogs.
Each Monday, Courtney will provide resources on her Good Morning Girls blog
Each Wednesday, I'll be blogging here about what I'm learning through what we're reading and through the Resting in His Presence study
No comments:
Post a Comment